Tuesday, May 7, 2013

About

This is a blog I will be posting in while I travel around the world visiting interesting locations that have features caused by the fascinating tectonic plates. My name is Rebecca and I am getting my phD in Geology at MIT. I am embarking on this incredible journey to learn about how plate tectonics effect volcanoes, earthquakes and other natural phenomenons. Hopefully as I'm learning, so will you! When I get back I will be an expert on all different kinds of tectonic boundaries. I’m leaving tomorrow morning, so wish me luck. Thanks for reading!

PS: I attached a chart explaining what happens at each tectonic boundary, this will come in handy while perusing my blog :)
http://www.classzone.com/vpg_ebooks/ml_earthscience_na/ml_earthscience_na_main.cfm?mlauthtoken=-567540846&authtoken=-567540846&&

No comments:

Post a Comment